Chief Operating Officer (Health)
Location not available
Chief Operating Officer
Our client in the Health Industry is looking to hire a Chief Operating Officer to join their growing institute.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Driving Operational Efficiency:
o Lead implementation of company’s digitisation strategy and develop
o Metrics to measuring efficacy of strategy and implementation plan.
o Apply experience of complex organisations to drive process efficiencies that result in seamless operations between core business and support.
o Establish and maintain a system’s view of the business identifying its various workflows, systems, processes, constraints.
o Establish a baseline of required systems, system inefficiencies and gaps as well as solutions for the short to medium term to optimise operational performance and value add to the relevant stakeholders.
o Leads and drives timeous, effective, and quality services from core functions of the company
o Establish mechanism to measure and evaluate business systems and process performance.
o Supports Strategic Infrastructure establishment, review, and maintenance
· Business Monitoring and Evaluation Reporting:
o Implement and manage company’s management information system capturing appropriate critical performance metrics relevant to the business
o Develop and implement relevant systems that bring efficiencies.
o Refine and provide monthly M&E report templates to the core functions.
o Analysing and interpreting data and metrics for informed, timeous decision making and risk mitigation
· Financial Management, revenue, and cost optimization:
o Supports the budgeting, forecasting and monthly financial reporting in partnership with CFO
o Identify and implement operations efficiencies that result in managed expenses and improved revenues
o Support the costing of company services by CFO and CRO ensuring that the correct costing model is applied for the services rendered
· Performance Management:
o Works with the HR, CRO and CFO functions to establish and improve performance management systems and tools.
o Ensure measure the relevant metrics and define these metrics.
o Co-ordinates the establishment of an effective tools to instill performance management culture to EXCO and the entire business
· Governance & Risk Management:
o Ensure that business plan includes adequate planning for managing all dimensions’ business risks.
o Ensure implementation of and adherence to quality and regulatory practices and policies together with CRO.
o Work with internal Audit to mitigate any non-compliance
o Collect, consolidate, and prepare information for quarterly and annual reports and presentations of progress against targets and submit timeously to CEO and Board
o Leads business performance against strategic and operational targets reporting to all stakeholders
· Leadership and Management:
o Ensures the business unit is resourced with appropriate skills.
o Manages human resources for optimal functioning.
o Directs the deliverables of the unit
· Master’s qualification or relevant post-graduate business administration qualification preferred.
· 12-15 years’ experience in Senior management level /in a complex, highly transactional multi-project/operational environment.
· A solid track record in operational and workflow optimisation.
· Proven track record of having implemented operational efficiency programs
· Health sector experience is an added advantage. Knowledge of digitisation and digital tools will be advantageous
· Advanced understanding of business planning
· Leadership skills.
· Project & Programme management.
· Excellent communicator with strong business acumen – both verbal & written.
· Financial management.
· Enterprise risk management.
· Complexity management
· Systems thinking.
· Strategy development and implementation.
· Stakeholder relationship management.
· Business development.
· Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
· People management.
· Advanced computer skills
· Customer focused
· Solution orientated
· Able to work under pressure and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
Send your CV and latest pay slip to email@example.com
ATripleA Recruitment and Temps