Store Manager (Outdoor)
Location not available
Our client in the Outdoor Industry is looking to hire a Store Manager to manage one of their stores.
· This position will take control of the entire operation and will take responsibility of all tasks and duties in his own portfolio as well accountability of all duties of immediate subordinates
· This position will also take responsibility and accountability for the inventory of the operation as well as cash management and the security during operating hours and after operating hours
· The Store Manager is responsible for maintaining customer service through the “mystery shopper” salute initiative, ongoing training through our E-learning initiative, managing the floor manager/Safe manager/Stock Controller and Admin supervisor as well as monitoring cash controls according to the admin scorecard, monitoring out of stocks and escalating those products to the procurement function. Ensuring focus on hazard counts throughout the year as well as monitoring and managing all stock received as well as the time lapse until moved to the retail floor
· Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resource, administration, and sales
· Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
· Implement and execute action plan based in Departmental performance and monthly expenses.
· Meet goals and metrics set out in the Ops scorecard.
· Manage budget and ensure all expenses stay within the set parameters.
· Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development, and motivation through E-learning, on the job training, supplier training
· Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
· Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
· Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
· Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
· Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
· Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
· Weekly meeting with admin supervisor/floor manager and receiving supervisor. (Separate meeting template to be distributed).
· Weekly stock meeting with floor manager/Receiving supervisor to ensure all areas of responsibility is recorded and monitored
Key Value Indications:
· Monitor and report weekly on Sales to budget/Sales on Last year, GP to budget/GP on Last year
· Sales employee performance and commission. (Daily sales meeting must be held)
· Measure and draw conclusions from foot count of Last year
· Departmental performance breakdown and action plan for areas that are out of line.
· Aged stock action plan to drive it down and minimize cash investment in old stock.
· Measuring and reporting weekly on repair status
· Stock received (POD sign-off vs capturing on system). What was the time lapse?
· Monthly staff schedule/weekend staff schedule must be drawn up a month in advance and communicated to the staff to ensure that time and attendance is fully monitored and recorded.
· Top 100 must be measured bi-weekly to underline the popular lines that are out of stock and communicate it to the merch ream immediately
· The E-learning initiative must be presented to all staff and all personal must participate in this initiative on a rolling three-month basis
· Corrective actions after the mystery shopper visit must be communicated to all staff and the monthly customer service score must be above the benchmark indicated by the Ops scorecard.
· Hazard counts and stock adjustment must be measured on a weekly basis (Plus corrective action if applicable)
· Safari floor walk document must be followed by the floor manager and checked by the store manager
· General feedback on meetings to be communicated to Ops executive weekly
Send your CV and latest pay slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATripleA Recruitment and Temps